The Permanent Missions of France and Japan to the UN, in collaboration with the Missions of Thailand, Benin and Chile, will organize a panel discussion on successful implementation of universal health coverage (UHC).
This event is a follow-up to the high-level event on "Post-2015: Health and Development" held during the ministerial week in September 2013.
It will focus on successful implementation of universal health coverage (UHC) in several countries. Panelists will underscore the importance and feasibility of ensuring that everyone has access to quality health services without financial risk. Country representatives will discuss how their countries expanded quality primary healthcare and developed sustainable financing models. The World Health Organization and the World Bank Group will discuss implementation and monitoring of UHC.
The event will be open to the press.
When: Monday, April 14, 10:00 am – 1:00 pm.
Where: Conference Room 1 (CB), UN Headquarters, New York.
• Mr. Gérard Araud, Permanent Representative of France to the United Nations
• Mr Motohide Yoshikawa, Permanent Representative of Japan to the United Nations
• Mr. Hiroyuki Yamaya, Director of Global Health Policy Division, International Cooperation Bureau, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan
• Dr. Mongkol Na Songkhala, former Minister of Public Health of Thailand
• Dr. Moufalilou A. Aboubakar, Deputy Chief of Staff, Cabinet of the Minister of Health of Benin
• Dr. David Evans, Director of Health Systems Governance and Financing, World Health Organization
• Dr. Jeanette Vega, Director of FONASA, Chile’s National Health Fund
• Dr. Tim Evans, Director of Health, Nutrition and Population, World Bank Group
Moderator: Mr. Michael Myers, Managing Director, The Rockefeller Foundation